When new candidates ask should I prepare something? They are hoping for the Course Director to say just show up….. but you should prepare for your one and only IDC as it will make your life so much less stressful.
Here is a list of steps to help you stay prepared and complete your IDC successfully:
- Follow our Aquatica IDC Guide for dates, equipment and other basics for the course.
- Get your gear into shape. When was it last serviced? Will it break soon? Murphy’s law will tell you that this will happened at the worst moment so spend some time and dollars with your gear as after all it is life support equipment!
- Have you got all the prerequisites to begin the course? For example; have you got a current medical, current 1 st Aid cert, proof of One Hundred logged dives?
- Have some basic work material, while we will give you some pens and pencils, having spares never hurts.
- Review the content of the course again, this can be found in the Aquatica IDC Guide and check the order to how we prepare you in these two weeks.
- Use the list in our guide of all the paperwork that you need to complete to give to your Course Director and eventually to PADI.
And remember before anything else, preparation is the key to success.